I watched a lot of cartoons and movies. I draw incessantly and carry a sketchbook everywhere. I work in animation and self-publish my books. There are monsters in the streets, don't wear red. Mad bulls and monsters hate that color. I still watch cartoons.

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Watercolor Sketch weekend

The image above can be viewed much larger by clicking here.

A Sketchcrawl in the new year. Saturdays are for drawing. You look forward to it (feel the fates are keeping you from it) until the day of and then you're thinking Saturdays are for sleeping in. After you push yourself out the door it's all momentum. I had a great time. Enrico and I had a relaxing afternoon with about 60 other people in the city. Jamie Baker and Matt Jones joined us for coffee at Japantown's New People building.

I was lazy and didn't start drawing until way past lunch. This was a lady who was seated two tables away and did not deserve to be bothered by my gaze. I hope I didn't ruin her afternoon--much. There's no way to ignore the fact that I was drawing her and she endured my attention with grace. She was a lovely subject.

I love the grain of watercolor washes seen up close. To view her larger click on the link below the image. Oh, heck do this right here.

Skethcrawl



Labels: , ,

18 Comments:

Blogger Nate Villanueva said...

beautiful sketch sir

4:42 PM

 
Blogger Sarah Gilger said...

Love that you had to be a creeper, don't worry I do the same thing down in the lobby of my dorm room. Only I use regular pencils instead of watercolors

4:49 PM

 
Blogger TREVOR Simonsen said...

All artists become creepers at some point... lol

5:18 PM

 
Blogger Ronnie said...

We're doomed to be this Creeper?

Frankly, I'd rather be this Creeper.

6:57 PM

 
Blogger Sarah Gilger said...

Best creeper of them all

http://www.11secondclub.com/competitions/october10/winner/

7:40 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice painting! I really enjoy Paper Biscuit as well.

3:50 PM

 
Blogger Matt Jones said...

You cropped in on that right? Closeup works beautifully

5:16 PM

 
Blogger Colin Jack said...

great drawing!

10:45 AM

 
Blogger Benoit Therriault said...

I like your sketch. It is so embarasing sometimes when we know that the persons knows you are drawing them. Or at lease when we think. I struggle a lot with that myself, it makes me appreciate your sketch more! Great work!

3:51 PM

 
Blogger Matthew Cruickshank said...

Quality not quantity in this case!

The curve of the mouth- wonderful!

9:51 PM

 
Blogger Jason Norton said...

Nice and fresh! Beautiful

4:42 PM

 
Blogger Quentin Lebegue said...

Gorgeous work, I really like the composition, the color and the peaceful expression on her face.

3:29 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Spectacular!!!! I admire your work since the days of your Aliens books!!!

1:09 PM

 
Blogger Don Murphy said...

Great! I can't really use watercolors when I covertly sketch people on the Long Island Railroad...perhaps it's something to try.

12:12 PM

 
Anonymous sewa mobil said...

Very nice, thanks for sharing.

8:24 AM

 
Blogger Mar said...

I looove your work!! It's amazing this watercolour and I like very much your 'girls stile'!

10:38 AM

 
Anonymous Contoh Shower Kamar Mandi said...

Right here is the perfect website for everyone who wants to understand this topic. You understand a whole lot its almost tough to argue with you (not that I personally will need to…HaHa). You certainly put a new spin on a subject that has been discussed for decades. Great stuff, just wonderful

8:20 AM

 
Blogger Henry said...

That Watercolor Sketch is very amazing. I like water colors but this one is on another level. Now it's time to avail Outsource Email Support for more information.

4:11 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home