I watched a lot of cartoons and movies. I draw incessantly and carry a sketchbook everywhere. I work in animation and self-publish my books. There are monsters in the streets, don't wear red. Mad bulls and monsters hate that color. I still watch cartoons.

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Art Blocks for Ghana


Watercolor and Pencil on watercolor board mounted on wood panel.

Been Swamped. Been playing catch up for the last month and headspace is on work most days. A sobering weekend to be sure and it's made me wake up. Also, not seeing my friends from when we used to carpool from the city, separated by three projects over three buildings--yada yada yada. I contributed to this amazing auction with all these amazing artists. Please give this a look.

The Picture Book Project Foundation presents Art Blocks for Ghana – a charity art auction of original works created by top artists within the animation and illustration community to provide boarding and education for orphaned children in Ghana, West Africa. Online art auction coming March 12-20. 2011.

So, you might want to throw in and the best part is that you could end up with amazing original art. But really, even better than that you are helping in the lives of children who really need it.

Bid here.

The great Dice Tsutsumi lead the charge on this effort but also set the bar with this beauty.

Enrico loves Japan so much he can draw a street scene from memory. Check out Enrico's art block

My contribution. Finished over a plane ride back from Argentina.

The Picture Book Project Foundation will also be donating part of the proceeds from Art Blocks auction and events to help in the awareness and support Dice Tsutsumi's efforts and Give2Asia.

Art Blocks for Ghana
Artists Help Japan






Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Eddie Perkins said...

That is so incredibly beautiful! I rarely want things, but this makes me so sad that I can't bid. If I weren't so poor (got an eviction notice today...) I would bid whatever it took to win this gorgeous piece.

I know I can't have it, which is sad, but I hope it at least sells for a huge amount, especially since it's for a good cause.

I'm spreading the word about it.

5:15 PM

 
Blogger Ronnie said...

Ahhh thanks, Eddie. Always good to hear from you. I will wish only the best of fortunes to come your way.

I hope the piece does well. It will go a long way to helping others who need it.

Be well.

Ronnie

12:29 AM

 
Blogger Micha said...

great piece

8:35 AM

 
Blogger Fawn said...

Beautiful piece, Ronnie! I didn't realized the opening reception was at Nucleus until it's already gone:(

11:44 AM

 
Blogger Frank Forte said...

nice mellow colors

12:50 AM

 
Blogger ALFONSO SALAZAR said...

Quite elegant!

12:17 PM

 
Blogger Manoj a menon said...

Dear Ronnie,
a question which i always wanted to ask you...Your water color palette is so different from the ones i have seen...the choice of colors especially.Ive been watching Enrico's water colors closely again....and then Man arenas...

I have largely seen watercolors used for landscapes, but very few character renders like the way you guys do..


Sorry if this is a lame question,(or is this even a question?)...is there a different logic when it comes to paint characters..?

manu.
noisefromfuture.blogspot.com

(and congrats..i heard you are a director now...when will you give an interview at chuistream...so wanna listen....
all the very best to you.)

9:55 PM

 
Blogger Xavier Yabut said...

Great illustration, I like the character and colors!

4:41 PM

 
Blogger Paul Tuller said...

the design of this is really elegant! From the stars to the window bars to the stripes :)

4:40 PM

 
Blogger Sanjuro said...

I just received the panel, it is really a piece of pure beauty.
Thanks a lot!

1:43 AM

 
Blogger C☼M∆MΞ said...

Dear Ronnie..
I dunno if u still remember Febe Sevilla..but she went home once with a signed "paper biscuits" thingy..I was probably 9 at the time..and I fell in love with your character nina..I'm 14 now..but I still adore your works .

(so yeah..Febe's my mom xD~!)

2:23 AM

 
Blogger Vest Films said...

Hello Ronnie,

I saw this picture of a gnarled monster by the French artist Gustave Doré and it reminded me of the monster character you drew with Nina in "And There You Are". I find it ironic that I saw this similarity because you and Gustave Doré are my role models!

Here's the link to that picture:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/49580580@N02/5358308341/sizes/l/in/photostream/

Thank you,
-Sam Vest

11:34 PM

 
Blogger Francisco said...

Your work is simply stunning! Congratulations!

7:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home